Notice of School Board Vacancy
The Premont ISD Board of Trustees will be accepting letters of interest to fill a vacant position on the school board. The school board intends to appoint an eligible individual to fill the vacancy under a term of office that shall expire in November 2024.
Interested individuals should deliver their letter to the PISD Administration Office, Attn: Fred Gutierrez, Board President, 439 SW 4th Street, Premont, Texas 78375. The letter may also be emailed to email@example.com
To be eligible, the applicant must meet the following criteria as outlined in Board Policy BBA (Legal):
1. Be a United States Citizen.
2. Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the appointment
3. Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
4. Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
5. Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the date the appointment is made.
6. Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described in item 5, above.
The deadline to submit a letter of interest is 5:00 PM, Friday, January 6, 2023.
Premont ISD would like to encourage any person who feels that they can make a contribution to the education of the students in our district, to apply and make a commitment to the future of our children and community.