Premont Elementary School
Principal - Annie Recio
Dean of Instruction - Misty M. Benavides
Dean of Instruction - Belinda Benavides
PREMONT INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT
The Premont Independent School District is seeking students in Grades 1-12 from the district who do things a lot faster, sooner, and with better understanding that other students their age. Nominations for the Gifted and Talented Program are being accepted from February 6, 2017 through February 20, 2017. Forms must be completed on each student nominated and can be obtained from your child’s counselor.
The Premont Independent School District Gifted and Talented Program selects approximately the top 3-5% of students who require more challenging learning experiences and can tackle more difficult tasks. The Gifted and Talented Program teachers are specially trained to meet the needs of these children.
El Distrito Escolar Independiente De Premont Solicita Nominaciones
El Distrito Escolar Independiente De Premont buscan estudiantes en los grados 1-12 que hagan y terminen sus tareas mas rapido, y con mejor entendimiento comparado con estudiantes de la misma edad. Nominaciones para el programa de Don y Talento estan siendo aceptadas el dia 6 de Febrero de 2017 hasta el dia 20 de Febrero de 2017. Favor de obtener las formas de nominacion para los estudiantes recomendados en la oficina de la escuela a la cual estudiante esta atendiendo.
El programa de Don y Talento elije aproximadamente 3-5% de los estudiantes que requieran experencias academicas mas rigorosas y que pueden llevar a cabo tareas mas dificiles. Los maestros quienes ensenan las clases de Don y Talento han sido especificamente entrenados para instruir a estos estudiantes.
Premont Elementary School
Premont Elementary School February Upcoming Events
- 2/02/17 – 100th Day of School
- 2/02/17- Motivational Incentive TAMUK College Tour & Basketball Game -4:00 pm -8:00
- 2/04/17 – Saturday School Tutorials
- 2/06/17- Texas A&M University Kingsville Play “The Hare and the Tortoise” -12:30
- 2/10/17 – Community Health Fair – 10:00 am-3:00 pm High School Gym
- 2/10/17 – Valentine’s Day Dance 3rd Grade – 4:00-6:00 pm PES Gym
- 2/11/17 – Saturday School Tutorials
- 2/19/17 – CIS/PTO Meeting 6:00 pm Elementary Cafeteria 4th/5th Curriculum Presentation, Motivational Speaker: Mrs. Murray
- 2/16/17 – Dinner with Dads 5:00 pm-6:00 pm Elementary Cafeteria
- 2/16/17 – End of 4th Six Weeks
- 2/17/17 – Staff Development
- 2/18/17 – Saturday School Tutorials
- 2/22/17 – 32nd Annual Parent Conference in Robstown 8:00 am-2:30 pm Richard Borchard Regional Fairgrounds Robstown (Theme- Learning Under The Big Top of Education)
- 2/25/17 – Saturday School Tutorials
- 2/20/17 – Staff Development
- 2/21/17 – Begin 5th Six Weeks
- 2/22/17 – Report Cards
- 2/22/17 – Math Benchmark 5th Grade
- 2/23/17 – Writing Benchmark 4th Grade
- 2/23/17 – Reading Benchmark 5th Grade
- 2/23/17 – Making Memories with Moms – 5:00 pm-6:00 pm Elementary Cafeteria
- 2/24/17 – Family Movie Night – 6:00 pm-8:00 pm Behind Elementary School
- 3/06/17-3/10/17 SPRING BREAK, RETURN TO SCHOOL ON March 12, 2017
- STAAR Testing:
3/28/17 – STARR 5th Grade Math & 4th Grade Writing
3/29/17- STAAR 5th Grade Reading 3.30/17-3/31/17 STAAR MAKE UP Testing
Premont Elementary School:
A collaborative, respectful learning environment that inspires students to believe and achieve so that success becomes the only option.
The Premont I.S.D. and its Career and Technology Education Program do not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, or national origin in its educational programs, activities, or employment as required by Title IX, Section 504 and Title VI.