Premont Secondary School
Principal - Michael Gonzalez
PSS Dress Code 2016-2017
Premont Secondary School
"Home of the Fighting Cowgirls & Cowboys"
PREMONT SECONDARY SCHOOL
WE WILL BE
PREMONT INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT SEEKS
The Premont Independent School District is seeking students in Grades 1- 12 from the district who
El Distrito Escolar Independiente De Premont Solicita Nominaciones
Memo from Superintendent
Effective Monday, February 13,2017, the Premont Secondary School student dress code will be amended. Only the amendments listed below will be effected. After dialog with faculty, students, and staff the amended dress code will be established to foster: improved student self-esteem, bridge socioeconomic differences among students, and promote positive behavior, thereby enhancing school safety and improving the learning environment. Lastly, only the items listed below will be amended. If not listed below, the current dress code remains in place. Additionally, these amendments only pertain to the secondary campus.
Amendments to the current PSS dress code will include:
1. Premont Secondary School students may wear shirts that are school appropriate (length, fit, exposure, and design/wording are all considered when determining "school appropriate.")
SLACKS, BLUE JEANS, SHORTS
1. Style: Pleated or flat casual slacks or blue jeans (belted and full-length); walking - style shorts at the knee or lower.
2. Slacks and blue jeans must be worn at the waist. No low-rise pants.
3. School appropriate torn jeans may be allowed at the discretion of the administrator. School administration will determine if the jeans are "school appropriate."
4. No sweatpants, windpants, pants with drawstrings, warm-ups, or coveralls.
5. Baggy-style slacks, baggy-style blue jeans, and baggy-style shorts are not allowed.
6. Basketball/Soccer or boxer style shorts are not allowed (except in PE/athletics.)
Administrators will have complete and final judgments on all matters concerning interpretation of the amended code. Matters concerning appearance and dress not specifically covered in the amended version will revert to the previous dress code.
UPCOMING Events at Premont Secondary School
See the calendar of events.
Join the Principal and Counselor's Remind.com list serve for daily or weekly communications
The Premont I.S.D. and its Career and Technology Education Program do not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, or national origin in its educational programs, activities, or employment as required by Title IX, Section 504 and Title VI.
| My Site
| Log on
© Copyright 2016 - Premont ISD
|Powered by Edclick|